If you wish us to stop communicating with you, or if you wish us to delete your Personal Information from our database, please notify us by email at info@FilmPTTW.com
Personal Information We Collect
Passport to the World and JYF Films and their employees, servants, agents, contractors, service providers, partners and representatives may collect Personal Information under certain circumstances, such as:
- Contact Information (e.g. name, home address, home or mobile telephone number or e-mail address);
- Credit or Debit Card Information when purchasing products or services on our online shop ((e.g. your name, your credit card number, expiry date and 3-digit CVS code);
- Survey Responses(e.g. when you provide your name in order to take advantage of various benefits for participating in a survey, or when you consent to us contacting you about your comments);
- Preferences and other Personal Information provided by you on our Websites (e.g. including but not limited to local theatre preferences, traveling preferences, movie reviews, blogging comments and personal biographical information such as your age and gender).
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use Personal Information for a number of purposes:
- Products and services:Personal contact and credit/debit card information will be used by Passport to the World and JYF Films to process your purchases and reservations (for example, books or conferences). In these cases, credit/debit card information is only used for the purposes required to process and complete the transaction and/or service requested by you, and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes or as otherwise required by law, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
- Contests/Benefits:Passport to the World and JYF Films run contests, with our various business partners through our Websites and in theaters. We require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (for online entries) and we may also require proof of your age for the purposes of determining eligibility, prize notification and fulfillment and related purposes in connection with the contest. Contact information may be required to administer other benefits our clients and partners have requested or accepted.
- Other Uses:We may also use Personal Information, where necessary, for:
- establishing, maintaining and/or fulfilling relationships with our business partners, third-party vendors of products and/or services, as well as our corporate and business customers;
- evaluating Job applications or resumes which are sent to us (either by mail or electronic mail) all of which are forwarded to our Human Resources Department for consideration;
- conducting operating, administering and otherwise managing our business, to satisfy legal, regulatory, security, audit, financial and processing requirements, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information collected by Passport to the World and JYF Films is not disclosed to other parties, except as follows:
FilmPTTW.com and the Internet
The Websites have primary worldwide web address(es) (also known as the “uniform resource locator” or “URL”) and consists of various webpages, which are owned and/or operated by Passport to the World and JYF Films and which are collectively known as “FilmPTTW.com”. The Websites consist of all content thereon and all other domain names, worldwide web addresses, uniform resource locators, URL’s and webpages which are solely owned and/or operated by Passport to the World and JYF Films, and which link or otherwise connect to the Websites. On the Websites, visitors may register to receive customized information, enter contests, participate in polls or surveys or purchase products and/or services. Passport to the World and JYF Films do not collect Personal Information about you unless you choose to provide us with such information in order to purchase a service or product, or participate in the filmPTTW.com online community and for which the provision of such Personal Information is necessary or reasonable.
Individuals who provide us with their telephone numbers online will only be telephoned by us with respect to orders, contests or other products or services that they have requested online. If you make inquiries of Passport to the World and JYF Films directly by e-mail, or through our Websites, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant department and are not used for other purposes, or stored (other than maintaining a record of our correspondence with you).
Unsubscribe and Deletion Requests
The nature of the internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about each individual’s use of the internet. This information may be associated with an individual’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. This is a unique internet “address” which is assigned to all internet users by their Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). Our server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, webpages requested, as well as identifying categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. Passport to the World and JYF Films only use these statistics on an aggregate basis in order for us to improve our Websites.
For each visit to our Websites, cookies may be used by our server to recognize you where you have indicated your preference to be automatically logged in.
You may disable cookies using your browser’s settings. Please consult your browser’s help function for information on how to disable cookies. Note that if you disable cookies, certain features of our Websites will not function to their fullest potential.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, Passport to the World and JYF Films or its service providers place ads on our webpages. As a result of your visit to our site, or by clicking on these ads, we may collect passive information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
On our Websites we store subscriber and password information in a secure manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind password protection, or off-line. We endeavor to use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our Websites
We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Passport to the World and JYF Films and their employees, servants, agents, contractors, legal, accounting or other service providers, partners and representatives who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information. You transmit or provide all Personal Information entirely at your own risk.
Consent to Transfer
Passport to the World’s and JYF Films’ Websites are operated on equipment located in Canada. If you are located in the United States of America, European Union or elsewhere outside Canada, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Canada. By visiting FilmPTTW.com, purchasing our products or services, participating in our online community and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. Regardless of your location, we shall protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note that the Personal Information which you provide to us will be held and used in accordance with such Canadian federal or provincial laws as exist from time to time, and as are applicable.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
- by email at info@FilmPTTW.com
- or by mail at: 400 Wilfrid Lavigne Blvd, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada J9H 6A6